Saturday, July 28, 2007

Crumbly Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies


Well, I came across this recipie today on thenest.com and they sounded soooo good! I had to make them when I got home. They taste AWESOME! They look less than awesome. I've included a picture of the ones that stayed together. The rest.....cookie crumbles. They'd be perfect over ice cream!!! I really made myself sick eating the cookies as they fell apart until I realised tehy were ALL falling apart and I had to draw the line somewhere. Must have been the entire cup of butter...any ideas? Come to think of it, I used dark brown sugar instead of regular. Do you think that makes a difference? Anyway, they tasted YUMMY!!!
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 TBS sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup flour
2 1/4 cups old fashioned oats
2 cups chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375 F
Beat eggs, butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat until just blended. Add vanilla, baking soda and salt. Beat well.
With a spoon, gently mix in flour until just blended. Gently stir in oats and chocolate chips. Don't over-mix!
Place spoonfuls of dough on cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
Bake for 10-13 minutes or until the edges start turning golden.
Cool cookies on sheets for 1 minute before transfering to a rack to cool completely.

No comments: