Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Sinful Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo


If a restaurant serves fettucinni alfredo, I'm probably going to order it. I always feel guilty since I know it's fattening, but I'll feel even more guilty now. This dish was amazing, but I felt so bad eating it, actually knowing what went into it because I made it. 12 TABLESPOONS of BUTTER!!! Yikes! The garlic cheddar biscuits didn't help any!
Fettucinni Alfredo from Giada DeLaurentis
1 package fresh fettucinni
2 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 T lemon juice
1 clove of minced garlic
12 T unsalted butter
2 cups grated parmesean
salt and pepper to taste
Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally. Drain.
Stir the cream and the lemon juice in a heavy large skillet to blend. Add the butter and garlic and cook over medium heat just until the butter melts, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Add the pasta and toss. Add the Parmesan to the cream sauce in the skillet. Add the salt, and white pepper. Toss the pasta mixture over low heat until the sauce thickens slightly, about 1 minute.
I grilled chicken breasts to top the pasta with...there had to be some redeeming healthy-factor to this meal!
Garlic Cheddar Biscuits
I had a recipe, but I ended up just kind of improvising here since there were just 2 of us (and I still had too many biscuits)!
1 1/2 cups Bisquick
1/2 cup cold water
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
Mix well, form biscuits on cookie sheet and bake according to Bisquick directions at 450 degrees for around 10 minutes.
Melt 1/4 cup butter. Add a little garlic powder, onion powder and parsley. Spread over cooked cheddar buscuits.

No comments: